Thursday, February 23, 2006

Homemade Liar's Dice

Click to download a PDF of the board.


In my last entry I mentioned my homemade version of Liar's Dice. Well, I've since made some improvements and reprinted the board. You can see the results above. I'm rather pleased with it.

That plastic case holds a brick of 36 12mm dice so that works out to enough dice for seven players plus one die to record the current bid. The dice chart in the middle is sized to fit 12mm dice perfectly. If you fill the columns from the left with the dice that are out of play (leave the red space uncovered) you can tell at a glance what the average is for any given number to appear (except ones, which are wild) by just counting the empty columns.

The board was printed with a color printer and glued to some cardboard (I used the cardboard from the back of a pad of paper). I then laminated it at Kinko's for a couple of bucks.

If you'd like to print your own board or if you'd just like to take a closer look at my handiwork, you can download a PDF by clicking on the image.

6 Comments:

At 4:54 AM, July 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you use for cups?

 
At 9:15 AM, July 22, 2006, Blogger Steve said...

I've got a stack of small paper cups that I picked up in a caffeteria. Pretty much any non-transparent cup will do.

 
At 12:39 PM, January 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

where can i find rules for your game?

 
At 1:12 PM, January 06, 2007, Blogger Steve said...

Liar's Dice is not my game. I just made my own copy of it is all. There are many different sets of rules available on-line. Start your search here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/45

 
At 2:33 PM, July 14, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

Just found this, it's perfect! I've been looking to pick up a copy of the MB liar's dice, and haven't had any luck. This board will help us play in the meantime.

 
At 5:39 AM, December 24, 2010, Blogger cecilia said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! I used to play Liar's Dice for hours and hours with friends! I love the game and have been looking for it for years! This week I found it at a toy store - but it didn't include the gameboard!!!! I didn't buy it because I wanted to search for the game with the gameboard! Thank you sooooo much for making the gameboard & making it available for us to download!!!!!!!!!! You have made my Christmas! All I wanted for Christmas this year is games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cecilia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home