Friday, November 18, 2005

The One Hundred

So have you been following The One Hundred? I'm talking about what is otherwise known as "'The Official & Completely Authoritative 100 Best Games of All Time Ever Without Question' ... So there!" (A little tongue in cheek, naturally.)

The One Hundred is a countdown of the top 100 games as voted by a selection of just over 60 well-known members of the international board gaming community. Mark Jackson is hosting the list and has been presenting the games over the last month. Today (Friday) they announce the final two spots. I don't think I'm going out on much of a limb by predicting #1 will be Puerto Rico and #2 will be Tigris & Euphrates.

A while ago I commented on some of the bewildering choices in the GAMES 100. Well I must say that The One Hundred has proved to be a far superior list, in my opinion. There are a few choices in there that I would disagree with but that's to be expected and overall this is a superb list and if you haven't read it yet I strongly encourage you to do so. If anything on that list sounds remotely appealing to you then you shouldn't hesitate to hunt down a copy and play it. You won't be disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home