Friday, September 22, 2006

Belated Game Night Report

This has been a busy week. It seems like I've got a dozen projects all going at once. That's why I'm so late getting to this week's game night write up.

Turnout was great this week and there were several games going all night long. I'm only going to mention the two that I played.

My first game of the evening was Rum & Pirates. I'd played this only once before and I was eager to try it again. There were three of us in our game: Michael, Jose and myself. Michael sat to my left and unfortunately for me, he paid particular attention to where he left the captain. It seemed that I never started my turn with the captain in a good position. In spite of that, we actually all managed to finish relatively close. We had a great time and I'm eager to play it again. It can be a little luck heavy but it's good fun.


When our game finished, everyone else was involved in another game so I suggested we play Mykerinos. I continue to be very enamored with this game. It's so rare for a shorter game (under 45 minutes) to feel this heavy. So far, Ystari Games can do no wrong. I can't wait to see what they produce next.

After we finished Mykerinos I decided to head back to the office to get some more work done so that was the end of game night for me.

If you're ever near Redmond on a Tuesday night come join us! We meet in the Microsoft building 50 cafeteria every Tuesday night at 5pm. Search this blog's archives for directions if you need them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home