Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Game Night (Let it Snow)

The rapidly approaching snow storm (what's the deal with this winter's weather?) couldn't deter most of us from having some game night fun.

Opening game for me was a game of Carolus Magnus. It's been too long since I've played this game. Leo Colovini's games are sometimes a little to abstract and thought-intensive for my taste but this one really hits the right spot for me. It's relatively quick, very elegant, and lots of fun (at least I think so).

For the second week in a row I played Leonardo Da Vinci and for the second week in a row I did very poorly. At least this week I scored better than in the teens. I've decided that while I think this is a good game, I clearly have no idea how to do well with it. It's extremely unforgiving and any mistake early can translate into a dismal performance. I'm interested in trying it again but hopefully before that happens I'll be able to spend some time trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Also played tonight: and Tichu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home