Friday, August 24, 2007

My Wish: Have a Wormy Game Night

I did play games last Tuesday night. There were people there with me. I remember vaguely such games as Detroit Cleveland Grand Prix, Notre Dame, and I know there were others. I should have found the time to write about them right away but life got busy. You know how that goes.

One game I do remember very well: If Wishes Were Fishes. I remember it for a couple of reasons. For one, it was the first time any of us had ever played it. But more than any other reason, I remember it for the worms. That's right. Worms. You see, the most interesting components that you'll find in this game are 30 bright purple squishy plastic worms. Oh, sure, there's also a nice big deck of cards, and a pretty tri-fold board, and some brightly colored wooden fish meeples; but the things that really grab your attention are the worms.

I'll probably try to do a real review of this game soon (one play does not a review make) but for now you'll have to be satisfied with my quick impressions. I liked it. It's not great but it's pretty fun. And I really liked the worms. I didn't do well and I kind of felt like my options were pretty limited by my circumstances but I suspect that with repeated plays I'll see more opportunities to employ strategy as opposed to just hanging on wherever the game takes me. But even if I don't, I still think it was a pretty fun ride and I really like the whimsical theme and the lovely bits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home