Monday, December 24, 2007

Twas the Night Before Christmas

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the... Naw! I'm just kidding. I'm not going to fill this post with verse.

Wow! What an incredibly busy couple of weeks. House Full of Games has done more business than ever this year and unfortunately I have to admit that we weren't quite prepared to be this busy. I've been working from dawn 'till dusk to try to get all the orders fulfilled and on their way and for the most part things went pretty well. Unfortunately, one or two orders ran into a snag here and there. I suppose that's inevitable when you're processing this many orders but I hate to screw up even one. We've taken a few steps to ensure that next year's holiday rush will run more smoothly than this year's did so we're getting better all the time.

If you were one of our customers this year then let me say a really big "THANK YOU!" for making this our best holiday season ever. Hopefully the games you ordered will give you as much enjoyment as they give us.

So let's talk about some of the games that we've been getting enjoyment from lately. In spite of all the crazyness around here I did manage to squeeze some time in for some game playing. Tuesday night was game night and Saturday night we played some games at a friend's house too.

This Tuesday we played Felix: The Cat in the Sack, Friedeman Friese's new filler game, for the first time. I've played it several more times since then and I really like it. I think this might be our new go-to filler game. It's an auction game which feels a lot like For Sale but it also has some really nice bluffing elements to it. If you haven't played it yet then I encourage you to give it a try.

Another game that I've played several times recently is El Capitán. I first played this two Tuesday's ago. I played it again the Sunday after that. Then again last Tuesday, and finally Saturday night. This is a remake of Wolfgang Kramer's classic game Tycoon. Mike Doyle did the artwork and it's absolutely gorgeous. There are a few places where the artwork might be just a little too ornate, making it a tad hard to tell one card from another, but the artwork is so pretty that I don't really mind and it's not really that much of an issue anyway. The game is slightly changed from the original (and I'm not just talking about the theme) but I think that the changes are for the better and I've really enjoyed playing it.

There are a few other new things that have hit the table but frankly, it's Christmas Eve and I really don't have any time to go into them right now. I've got kids upstairs waiting for me to read How the Grinch Stole Christmas so I suppose I better wrap this up.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home