Sunday, April 06, 2008

Busy Busy Busy

I have been so busy lately that, once again, I haven't had time to do my weekly blog posts. In fact, I've barely had time to even do any of my regular gaming. The last several game nights have been a little on the short side for me but this last Tuesday I did manage to stay and get some good gaming in.

One of the games that I've had the pleasure of playing recently was Martin Wallace's Brass. This is a game about building industry in England over the transition from a canal economy to a rail economy. In some ways it feels a little bit like an Age of Steam light. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I look forward to playing this one again.

Another game that I managed to play recently is Cuba by Michael Reineck and Stefan Stadler. This is a very nice production style game that, for me, seemed a little reminiscent of Puerto Rico. The artwork is lovely and the gameplay is pretty deep, with lots of different viable choices. So far, I've only been able to play a two player game and I suspect that this game would be significantly different with three or four players. I found it a little difficult to figure out how to put together a good victory point engine and that's a good thing. Also, the artwork is fantastic. I'm looking forward to playing it again.

Another game that I've been playing a lot is Kingsburg which I've already mentioned recently. I still find that I enjoy the light production tree combined with the dice placement. I can definitely recommend this one quite highly.

And of course, Pandemic comes out every game night now. It's just so quick and easy to start up and there are several of us who enjoy the game so it's always easy to find someone who wants to play it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home