Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Let's Catch Up

Wow. Where has the time gone? I had no intention of going this long between posts but life got very busy and one week follows another and before you know it, over a month has gone by without a post! Ack!

So for the next few days I'm going to try to make a few quick posts here to try to get things going again.

First off, tonight was game night and I played a couple of new games and a few old ones too. Rather than try to tell you all about them tonight, I'll just talk about one of them now and then I'll pick up where I left off tomorrow (I hope).

So in this post I'm going to mention just one of the games I played tonight: Tichu! Mike and I teamed up against Kai and Adam. It was a pretty interesting game too. It started out with Mike and I having a fantastic run of luck. It appeared that we could do no wrong. In fact at one point, I was left with the following hand after the pass:



For those of you who aren't Tichu players, that's a 14 card straight which is the perfect Tichu hand. That's like catching lighting in a bottle. It only happens once in a very, very long time. In fact, it's the only time I've ever had a natural 14 card straight. (There's even a bomb in there but when you've got a 14 card straight a bomb becomes unnecessary.)

After that hand, Mike and I were up by about 530 points or so. Unfortunately, that must have used up all of our Karma or something because from that point on it was all downhill. Adam and Kai managed to engineer an incredible comeback and they beat us by about 200 points. It just goes to show that no matter how badly you're behind, you don't give up. Fortunes can change just that quickly.

Oh well, at least I can take satisfaction in knowing that I scored a perfect hand!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home