Thursday, September 11, 2008

Game Night: Let's all go to Kobol!

Wow. It's been a while. Sorry. I could give some lame (but very true) excuses about how I'm super busy and life is a little stressful at the moment (deaths in the family, vacations, surgeries [not mine], just to name a few) but I won't.

That doesn't mean that I'm not going to game night every week. When I'm in town, it's game night every Tuesday night. And last Tuesday night was no exception.

This time I played only two games all night. I finished with a nice game of Tichu. Christopher and I got off to a fine start against Mike and SCoy but I'm afraid that luck turned against us in the end. Still, I do love me some Tichu.

But the biggie for the night was an early release copy of Battlestar Galactica that someone in our group picked up at Pax the other week.

This game was described to me as "Shadows Over Camelot in Space" and that description isn't far wrong. It's a cooperative game, like Shadows, where (most of) the players play the humans, trying to flee to Kobol. If they get there before the Cylons overwhelm them and before they run out of fuel, food, and morale then they win. We didn't win.

In this game there can be multiple "traitors". In this game the traitors are Cylons disguised as Humans. One thing I liked about this game is that the Cylons seemed to have more to do than the traitor in Shadows Over Camelot.

All in all, it was a very enjoyable experience, despite the long playtime and the cheesy still shots taken from the TV series. I look forward to this game being released in a few weeks. (Fantasy Flight says that it should be in stores in October or November.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home