Friday, February 27, 2009

Yet another game about building a castle?

I arrived late for game night last Tuesday so it didn't leave time for much gaming beyond the obligatory game of Tichu. I did manage to get in one game that I hadn't played before. That game was A Castle for All Seasons, a new game by Inka and Markus Brand, who also brought us Guatemala Cafe. It's a very pretty game about building a castle. What is it with so many games about building large medieval structures lately? We've got Pillars of the Earth and the two Cayluses just to name a few. Is this theme the new "trading in the Mediterranean"? Oh well, I digress.

Anyway, I don't have time to write a proper review (and I've only played it once so it wouldn't be fair to do so) but my initial impression was rather favorable. There seems to be some depth here and it's certainly a very attractive game. It's also pretty short which is typically a plus in my book. I do like the shorter games. Around an hour seems to be my sweet spot and this fits the bill nicely. I'm looking forward to playing it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home