Monday, December 14, 2009

FireworksToy submitted to the iTunes App Store

Consider this something of a trial balloon. While creating Mü for the iPhone, I designed a simple little fireworks display to play as a victory celebration should you manage to win the game. Well, I had so much fun just playing around with the dumb thing that I decided, what the heck, why not release it as a free app! Besides, it gives me a good chance to test the app submission process before going live with Mü (hopefully in a few weeks).

FireworksToy is a very simple one-screen application that presents a randomly generated fireworks display. Tapping on the screen launches more fireworks. Dragging your finger across the screen launches a whole line of fireworks. Tilt the screen and the fireworks seem to obey gravity. It's simple but it's kind of fun to play around with. I'm releasing it as a free app but I also included a tiny AdMob ad at the bottom of the screen so every time you play with it I stand to make a couple of cents here and there.

Watch this space for news on approval and when you can go pick it up. Then go get it and tell all of your friends to get it so I can get rich off the ad revenue! (Ha! As if!) *big grin*

You can read more about it here: http://fireworkstoy.housefullofgames.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home